Sam and I are embarking on the next adventure of our lives. We have been blessed to experience so many big things together; college, graduation, first jobs, marriage and a puppy and now we will be moving out of Seattle so that I can pursue my graduate degree in Genetic Counseling.
I wanted to start this blog to keep everyone informed on the big changes in our lives and to keep up with everyone once we are in another city. Which city, you may ask? Well we don’t know yet…but today I am beginning the process of figuring it out. Genetic counseling programs are very competitive and with that in mind I applied to 8 programs, the five that are geographically closest to Seattle and also one in New York (close to Elizabeth!) and two in Boston. I figured I would get interviews at about half of the programs but to my surprise I have been invited to interview at all 8! This is great in that my chances of getting in to my top schools seem good, but scary in the fact that I now have 8 interviews to fly to in 6 weeks. Look out world, jet setting Emily is on her way!
Life will be crazy in the next six weeks, I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband who is 110% supportive of me having to spend the money to visit schools and eve drove me to the airport this morning despite having been up all night with probable food poisoning. He will be holding down the home front and spending quality time with Athena while I fly around and work weekends while I am at home to try to keep up with my work load.
Here is the list of currently scheduled interview dates:
Brandeis University (Boston): March 4th (tomorrow!)
Sarah Lawrence College: March 17th
University of Utah (Salt Lake City): March 28th
CSU Stanislaus (collaborative program based in San Francisco): March 31st
Boston University: April 4th
University of Colorado Denver: April 8th
Stanford University: April 15th
Yet to be scheduled:
UC Irvine
I will use this blog to update about each of my visits, including funny travel happenings, thoughts on the school/program/city and hopefully some fun pictures of trips. I would like to keep this information off of Facebook and other social networking sites until I have been accepted to/selected a program.
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment