Hello Everyone!
I have been quite bad about writing but I blame it on short plane flights and absolutely no free time other then said plane flights. Right now I am on a long return flight from Boston so I am yours for as long as my faithful battery lasts.
So – back to Utah (which feels like a million years ago but was actually about a week ago…I think). I was really nervous going into a day of group interviews, but due to the fact that pretty much all genetic counseling interviewees have awesome personalities and are super friendly – things went well. We had 4, 45 minute group interviews with one or two interviewers with three interviewees. We all took turns answering questions and although we really had to be paying attention to each other and on point the whole time it was quite nice to have time to formulate my answers when the others went first.
The Utah Program is great. The facilities are wonderful and there are lots of hospitals, clinics, the school of medicine, etc right on campus. Salt lake City might not be the most stimulating place, but the campus feels much more liberal and the city is the hub of medicine and genetics for several surrounding states, providing a wide variety of clinical opportunities.
I must take a second out of this post to show some photos of the Hunstman Cancer Institute. It was founded by Jon Huntsman whose company created the 'clamshell' container for fast food hamburgers along with other products making him a billionaire. It was literally the most beautiful medical building I have ever been in. They literally have weddings in the restaurant on the top floor, its that gorgeous.
Huntsman Cancer Institute
Every part of the Huntsman buildings are beautiful!
I had a short and happy trip home, went to work for one day and then it was off to San Francisco!


No comments:
Post a Comment