Now that I have detailed yesterday I'm tired of writing so again an outline of today, to be followed up with more later.
Late start due to slightly sleep troubled night (heat, jet lag and calls to prayer combined).
Sam and headed out on our own today as Elizabeth needed to get some work done. I was definitely worried to say the least to lose our navigator, interpreter and tour guide all in one (she always knows the BEST places to eat) but we did just fine and had a great day doing things she has already done.
We spent a majority of the day at Topkapi Palace which was immense and awesome. More on that pile of bricks (or more accurately marble, tile and precious stones) later.
Then we found a pub with overpriced but awesome beer (man we needed it, they just dont do beer in this country). and followed that up with lunch at a tiny but great little spot.
The BEST part of the day was the Basilica Cistern. Words will NOT do it justice but pictures will attempt...and with that I leave you hanging for a picture post tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment