Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Bought a Chicken in Turkey

So I do not have much time before we head out this AM, but a quick update and I promise longer tonight plus pics!

We had a great, laid-back day yesterday. Here is the bare-bones and I will fill in more soon:
  • Played with Kittens (!!!!)
  • Breakfast at Elizabeth's favorite bakery
  • Hopped the ferry from Asia > Europe
  • Hagia Sophia (A 1,600+ year old church that was converted to a mosque that was converted to a museum. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia)
  • Lunch at an outdoor spot
  • The Bazaar - oh my god, its shopping that NEVER ENDS. Get your requests in now, people.
  • Hammam (Turkish bath) - I will write much more about this awesome experience, so cool to be doing something in a building from the 1500s that people have been doing for hundreds of years.
  • Tea and hookah bar
  • Sour Cherry sorbet on the way to the ferry
  • Ferry from Europe > Asia
  • Walked through the market on the way home to Elizabeth's picking up food for dinner. This is where I bought the aforementioned chicken in Turkey. An adorable little 6 Lira roasted chicken. We also got bread, cherries, string cheese (fresh - so good) and wine :)
Today we are visiting Topkopi palace, an underground cistern (which I'm pretty sure was featured on an old season of the bachelorette) and then going out to dinner.

Love you all!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment